Monday, April 27, 2009

floridian day

Last night roomie tells me, 'Oh yea, you're goin with me to work in the mornin'.' I just go with it, & she tells me to bring my swimsuit. Which, seeing as how she works with dolphins, can really only mean so many things.
What it meant, was that i got to swim with a dolphin!!!
Roomie has worked at the research center for two years now (with an internship prior to that,) so i've been fortunate enough to squeeze in some dolphin interactions whenever i visit. In addition to a couple of 'meets' (a program where you stay pretty dry on the dock,) i've also been able to participate in a 'play' session, & i also had a 'paint' program, where a dolphin paints you a tee-shirt!! But never, have i been lucky enough to be in the water with a dolphin. Best birthday present ever.
I want to write this elaborate entry about the incredible experience, but, there's too many amazing things to write, & it's really a blog i'd rather leave to roomie.
But, almost as exciting, after she was off work, roomie & i played tennis!  Now.  To clarify, i have never played tennis.  I was really concerned that i would just frusterate Roomie, with my lack of racquet-eye coordination, & inability to keep the ball in play.  Turns out, she & i are equally great at tennis.  And, to clarify again, by tennis, i mean, 'jogging at stoplights'.  Realizing we weren't getting much of an aerobic work out, standing still while the other chases your serve, we just started 'keepin' up the hustle'.  It was great.
So, i'm a real Floridian!

1 comment:

  1. If I ever tell you to bring your swimsuit when you're coming to work with me, it's a trick.

    Also - I realized I was a real New Yorker when I saw a guy pooping on the street. Playing tennis and swimming with dolphins sounds almost as good. (I don't know the markers for being a real Rhode Islander. Bragging about nonexistent mob ties? Bragging about being only the SECOND-poorest state in the country? Bragging about anything, despite the fact that you live in RI?)

    -J

    ReplyDelete